About the Miriam Home Users’ Committee
The mandate of the users’ committee is to safeguard the rights of users. The committee must see to it that the dignity of users is respected and that their rights and freedoms are recognized. The committee members are key spokespersons for users when dealing with an institution’s authorities.
Enforcement of user rights, service quality and client satisfaction are the cornerstones of the committees’ actions. The committee pays particular attention to the most vulnerable clientele and works to promote improved living conditions for in-patients.
Our Mission – Functions of the users’ committee
Under section 212, AHSSS, the functions of the users’ committee are as follows:
- To inform users of their rights and obligations.
- To foster the improvement of the quality of the living conditions of users and assess the degree of satisfaction of users with regard to the services obtained from the institution.
- To defend the common rights and interests of users or, at the request of a user, to defend his or her rights and interests as a user before the institution or any competent authority.
- To accompany and assist a user, on request, in any action he or she undertakes, including the filing of a complaint in accordance with Divisions I, II and III of Chapter III of Title II of this Act or the Act respecting the Health and Social Services Ombudsman
- To ensure the proper operation of each of the in-patients’ committees, if applicable, and see that they have the resources necessary to exercise their functions